Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Doctor Who?

It's wrong maybe, but I don't like the old Doctor Who, and I'm losing interest since Rose left. 

I'd never really watched it until recently so maybe better things are yet to come.  Maybe the next Doctor is even more amazing or something.  I didn't even like Rose when I first started watching the re-boot, which I do actually enjoy.  Billie Piper made that roll amazing, because I think the writing of the first season wasn't all that great.  I never really missed the first or ninth Doctor, however you choose to view that, but still, Rose made it all work even with crappy writing. 

Martha isn't so bad, and really, I'm not that far into the season where she starts, but I'm kind of "meh" about her.  She was right though, she's the rebound girl, and nothing she does to 'be with' the Doctor will change my loyalties to Rose.  It's all very strange considering I thought Rose was crass and stupid to begin with and then I cried when she was no longer in the same dimension.  Is that supposed to be part of the appeal here?  We get attached to someone and then they leave and we get attached to someone completely new again and cry when the new person leaves? 

Should I even keep watching?  Someone tell me that it's worth while. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would tell you to stick with it, but I've been watching (and loving) Dr. Who ever since Tom Baker.

That said, people who have a difficult time with change will always have issues with the show. Doctors change. Companions change. The tone of the show changes with each writer who comes through. If you don't like a character then wait a season or two (I think Rory Williams is worth waiting for but you have a few seasons) and they'll be gone. The flip side is that if you've found a character you really like, they'll be gone sooner than you'd like (Donna was like that for me).