Very lovingly these pieces were cut from her first year outfits, dresses, rompers etc, and put into a pattern. Also worked into the pattern, are fabrics from my great Grandmother's collection, my Grandmother's, my Mothers and my own. It's still a work in progress, but it's almost done, and I hope one day she loves it as much as I do.

upclose detail
5 comments:
Quilting is my final frontier. I can't wait to learn how to do it, I love the amazing keepsakes that quilts are.
What a great idea! It may take awhile, but I'm sure she'll grow to appreciate it!
Nice.
Sunshine - I love it! It was one of the most fun things I ever learned how to do. Take a class!
Osbasso - I'm hoping she'll grow to appreciate it - I'm totally keeping it till then!
Dr.S - thanks!
Memory quilts are my absolute favorites! Very nice.
Post a Comment