Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Hair... the musical and the real thing. HHNT!

So, I bought the musical Hair, and I don't know if it's just that I forgot about a lot of scenes, but I thought the rating at PG or whatever meant the kids could see it. It was turned off relatively quickly.

The same thing happened with sixteen candles. The rating system has completely changed. PG13 isn't what it used to be, because PG actually meant 'parental guidance' - not 'hey it may as well be a cartoon'.

Needless to say, only my oldest can see those 80's movies. I mean 'Hair', is not the Kentucky Fried Movie or anything - which we also own, but it's still worse than I remembered and my daughter is still a still too young for that.

Also, I've been lazy about switching out the picture. So I just opted to post the new hair pic. What you can't see is that in the back on the opposite side of my part, is the other red chunk of magenta streak.


This is the cheesy, 'see this is my hair' smile'. HHNT!

21 comments:

foolery said...

Great cut! You have beautiful hair. If mine didn't grow so darned fast I would have tried a big stripe of some cheeky color back when I was still young enough to pull it off . . . but after a week I'd have regrettable roots (AARRGGHH). Nice picture!

-- Laurie

Parabolist said...

HHNT.

Hellofachick said...

Redheads rock! HHNT!

Naughty Endevours said...

great cut! beautiful smile!

Vixen said...

I like it a lot!!

Blissfully Wed said...

I have a crush on your hair.

My weakness? Redheads. ;)

HHNT!

White Light said...

wow, you have an amazing smile :-D
I love the hair too!

happy HNT !

Felicity said...

Beautiful! and such a gorgeous smile! so glad you played this week! come see my new home!!

TK Kerouac said...

Beautiful, and I love the touch of red, HHNT!

Anonymous said...

pretty eyes
and lips
HHNT

Bunny said...

You look wonderful!

HHNT!

Biscuit said...

LOVE your hair. I wish I could get away with playing that way with mine.

Biscuit...a little more so

Polt said...

Ooo, I like the color!

HAPPY HNT!

Ashly Star said...

Cute! I love the red. Happy HNT!

- said...

very sassy cute!! happy hnt! ; )

Lapis Ruber said...

Happy (belated) HNT.

Paula Lynn Johnson said...

Very punk . . . and you're still young enough to wear it well!

OMG: I LOVE the movie HAIR. How can you beat those hippies doing Twyla Tharp choreography with the horses? And Treat Williams was mighty fine in the day. Sadly, the kids will have to wait . . . we do let ours listen to the "G" rated songs on the soundtrack, though.

Kittie Kate said...

I like the magenta color. It always reminds me of Blues' Clues. His pal, Magenta.

I haven't decided what I'm going to do with my hair. I don't think I'm going to cut it.

Happy HNT!

Beth said...

There are some scary people doing this HHNT. Well, their pictures are scary -- definitely not PG ... not even R. Just like woah nelly. Luckily, yours are not.

Hair is the only musical I really love -- and always have since it was something I watched as just a little child. My parents thought it wasn't racy at all, I guess. lol

morgetron said...

I went and saw the revival of Hair when I was 16. It came through Omaha and the most striking thing was that there was a man on stage with a gorilla mask and nothing else. That's pretty much all I could think about after the scene was over. Gorilla.Mask.Naked.Man.Penis.Live.Wow.

morgetron said...

PS: Love the Hair. It's Ariel red.