Recently, I have started taking belly dancing classes and while I'd love to say I can already do this:
It's not quite there.
Who knew that separating the upper and lower parts of your body would be fun and great exercise? Well, apparently, Shakria knew.
I'm really enjoying it and having more fun than I thought I would. The hard part is practicing, because without a teacher there, you could just be thrusting your hips all crazy and willy nilly. So I have to practice in front of the bathroom mirror, just to watch my posture, and make sure I'm not sticking my butt out. You wouldn't believe how easy it is to think you need to arch your back. When you're first starting out though, there is no arching, and barely any knee bending (which is awesome for me!)
Even though sometimes when she dances, she looks a little like she's trying to be a zombie, or something, I still say she's hot.
It's definitely in the shoulders.
Very interpretive actually.
5 comments:
Anxiously awaiting your belly-dancing video debut!!!
i think reagan was once called "a natural" when it came to belly dancing. So maybe you two can come up with an act and take the show on the road! I'll be your groupie.
Ok, I'll admit it, I don't like belly dancing. I think it looks silly. This is one of the reasons why I can't get through a Shakira video. Bang stomach this way, chest that way, I don't know. It's like slow down, sing the dang song. My mother, however, thinks Shakira is super hot, which is super scary. LOL It's gotta be great for the abs though!
I used to watch belly dancing. I think it's cool to watch.
I bet anything your husband fully supports you in your belly dancing hobby.
Post a Comment