"What did you eat for lunch today?"
"Uhm, chicken nuggets!"
"Where they good?"
"Oh yeah!"
"How was your day?"
"It was good, we had another SCA meeting today, and voted on prizes."
Pause
"What kind of meeting did you have today!?" - confused
"Uhm an SCA meeting." - like duh, didn't you hear me?
"So does your whole class get to go to these meetings?" - me thinking maybe they rotate the kids in and out for the experience etc.
"Uhm, no, just Dhruvil and I go, and guess what's the best! We voted for a week of no homework for the winner! Wouldn't that be so great!?"
"Yeah... " - stunned - "So uh, how long have you been having these meetings?"
"I dunno, like from the beginning or something." - obviously has no idea
So there you have it folks. Proof that I'm obviously not paying enough attention! Here I thought we were so close... I mean she tells me when she forgot to stop biting her fingernails, and that one time when she picked her nose in class...

So... don't let the picture fool you!
EDIT: My dear friend Reagan has pointed out, ever so eloquently, that this is all Mr.T's fault. Saying "It's the Karlan in her. Wouldn't he be on some committee at work and then tell you later only b/c y'all ran into someone on the same committee and that person mentioned it?"
2 comments:
I'm not totally sure what SCA stands for, but if there's a full week without homework involved, it must be a good thing, right?
It's called growing up...
Post a Comment