Tuesday, November 13, 2007

History Lesson - Tagged - HNT-cheating

Reagan tagged me with a history lesson, so here I go!



Thirty years ago, February 28, 1978 I was born at Camp Pendleton in Oceanside, CA. I was born during a really terrible storm and I was exactly two weeks late. I was born at 12:25pm during Days of Our Lives, which my Mother pointed out to me frequently. I was also the first born grandchild and that made me a spoiled brat, which I loved until my evil cousins were born! GRRR!










Here we have a picture with the interlopers! Look carefully at their shifty cuteness!

Twenty years ago I was in the fourth grade. Ms. Thang was my teacher and she was very nice. I think she ended up having an affair with this other teacher that ended up getting fired. We used to play dodge ball for P.E. and Mr. Amos would actually pit the boys against the girls and then PLAY on the boy's side. The boys, which in number was higher by far than that girls as it was, would win and learn to insult girls for being weak and whiny. I ended up faking a serious injury, and getting a removable cast because the doctor couldn't even be sure if there may be a hairline fracture that he couldn't see. Go HMO! I blamed this injury on Mr. Amos - and then they found out he had been actually curving the grade in favor of the boys for all of his classes. Well and he'd also been doing other malicious things, but I think I helped get him fired!!

Ten years ago I was living in Dallas, TX dating Mr.T and totally goth'd out. I was also a happy goth! I know, it doesn't fit.

Notice, the electric tape, purple lipstick and black nail polish. It's not a flattering picture, but I thought it held the most 'hey look at how weird she was!'

Five years ago we had just moved to San Ramon, CA.
My daughter was just almost 5 months old and she was amazing us on a daily basis. Thankfully, though, we got out of the tiny little house and expensive area.








Here is my favorite little interloper and her cuteness, and standing in her crib at about 5 months old. Four months later she was walking.



I'm not tagging anyone back, but I REALLY loved this one. Thank you Reagan!

However, if anyone would like to do this, I would love it!

11 comments:

Rhea said...

The electrical tape is a really nice touch.

Unknown said...

wait.
her name was ms. thang?
really?

24crayons said...

Yes, seriously.

Kittie Kate said...

I can't do this tag because my pictures went down the Mississippi River, and also a flood in California, so I have no pictures of me. The only pictures of me are the ones now. I have no kid pictures of me.

I love your Goth outfit! I love your hair long!

Happy HNT!

TK Kerouac said...

Love your story, you have great memories, Happy HNT!

SignGurl said...

I think you look awesome as a happy goth. Totally fitting for you.

Beautiful memories, thanks for sharing.

Happy Half Nekkid Thursday!

Bittersweet said...

a happy Goth! love it.

Happy HNT

Anonymous said...

Hey beautiful--if this is your HNT and it's two days early & i'm coming by two days late...? Anyway pix are great! You're so YOUNG, dammit!! I just hit my FOURTH decade. Ah well.
HHNT!

Paula Lynn Johnson said...

The Happy Goth! Is that like a deeply conservative Hippie? You looked great -- and happy. And stunning resemblance between you and your girl.

Bunny said...

Adorableness all around - even adorably goth!

HHNT!

Keyser Soze said...

Super cute! Also I SO SO SO SO SO
feel you on the food demon thing. Struggling HARD with that right now. HHNT!