I haven't blogged in about a week, but my connection is wonky and the space bar on my laptop is being defiant. The past week or so, I have put up the Christmas Tree, wrapped all of the presents, (mostly) and today it snowed. Also, I picked up my stitching that I started over a year ago, and started working furiously on it again. I still have about 6 quilts I have started and not finished completely yet.
I think I do these things in phases. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with Winter, or just that I'm attempting to use that as my reasoning for being a little crazy. I do Spring cleaning in Autumn too. For this HNT, I'm displaying my work on this particular piece. The title of it is called 'Illuminated Manuscript'. It can be found in Candace Bahouth's 'Flowers, Birds, and Unicorns: Medieval Needlepoint'. If you need a recommendation for needlepoint books, I highly recommend Beth Russell's interpretation of William Morris' designs too.
Please don't judge too harshly if you happen to needlepoint yourself, I'm still re-learning my tent stitch. :)
Here is my stitching, and the pattern I'm using.


You may not know that former happy goth girls enjoy quilting and stitching. Occasionally, we'll bake, but only if really really motivated!
Happy HNT!
Edited to add pictures of the little people who live here..



17 comments:
HOLY COW, WOMAN -- you stitch?! That's just way bigger than I can get my tiny brain around. I bake gifts this time of year. I have a LONG way to go.
I am also impressed that you managed to get your children (who are adorable, by the way) clean, combed, dressed up, and to the photographer's. It'll never happen at my house.
I have no idea what stitching is anymore. What you've done looks like a tapestry. ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS. Is it embroidery? Wow, it's amazing.
I love "shock and awe." The title you gave it was so fitting and hilarious. I also love the one of E spinning.
I used to do needlepoint with my mom when I was younger and now I don't seem to have the patience for it anymore. More power to ya!!
Happy HNT!!!
I'm a happy Goth girl!
I'd love to see more of your work. I love that stuff!
Happy HNT!
The little people are stunning.
And the stitching is incredible!
wow...i started a bookmark 2 years ago and its STILL sitting htere. I knit. Less fiddly! looks gorgeous..and your kids are adorable! HHNT
omg beautiful children & gorgeous needlepoint! that's an ambitious project!!
HHNT!
That looks a very ambitious project. The photographs are just great. Happy HNT.
WOW - that's all I can say. I have NO talents what so ever. I think I'll just live vicariously through you!
Hallie
Gorgeous needlepoint! Need motivation? Here it is: Finish it! That's right! Stitch! Stitch!
Kid pix too cute.
Needlepoint is hard work... I did a piece for my mom years ago... and not sure I will do a repeat!! ;-))
Your kids are really beautiful!!
HHNT!
Super sute! HHNT!
Very talented and your daughter would be perfect for modeling,
Happy HNT!
Gorgeous, GORGEOUS offspring! Wow.
HHNT!
A beautiful project and the spawn turned out very nicely :) Happy HNT
can't believe it - they look more grown up every year (funny how that happens). Won't be long before pictures of E are gap toothed :-) Happy Holidays!!!
i love love love it!!! you're so awesome! i wish i could be you. the pics of the kids are gorgeous!! my my...love! =^..^=
Post a Comment