You may not know this about me, but that word, 'zest' has followed me around for quite some time. In a year book my freshman year, to fill in the 'empty spaces', they would re-print pictures and write some clever name underneath it. They used my photo and it said 'Feeling Zesty'. Seriously.So a few years later I get the 'Birthday Book', wherein I was born on 'The Day of Zest'. A few years later my friend randomly gives me a bumper sticker and of course, it says 'ZESTY!'.
Here, you will find the definition of zest. Just in case you don't want to click that, though, allow me to present the choices:
| 1. | keen relish; hearty enjoyment; gusto. |
| 2. | an agreeable or piquant flavor imparted to something. |
| 3. | anything added to impart flavor, enhance one's appreciation, etc. |
| 4. | piquancy; interest; charm. |
| 5. | liveliness or energy; animating spirit. |
| 6. | the peel, esp. the thin outer peel, of a citrus fruit used for flavoring: lemon zest. |
| 7. | to give zest, relish, or piquancy to. |
To this I say, things could be worse. Being labeled as clean, or a citrus flavor, really, not so bad when you think about it. Not bad at all!
The birthday book imparts the life altering information about who was born on the day that I was born, and the day everyone else was born on too. This is important because it can tell you a little bit about yourself, and seeing as these people are usually celebrities, well of COURSE anyone would WANT to identify with them. <--*please read the sarcasm* Here are my celebrity personality look alike type people:
Benjamin 'Bugsy' Siegel - this is why I need 'criminality' as a label for my blog posts. I'm obviously predestined to open a hotel in Vegas and eventually be murdered.
Charles Blondin - A French tightrope walker, crossed Niagara Falls on stilts, which obviously means... well... that the man was INSANE.
Linus Pauling - Nobel Prize-winning chemist, molecular structure, Nobel Peace Prize winner, Vitamin C advocate, How to Live Longer and Feel Better. That, is exactly, how it was worded.

So, what we've learned here is that 'criminality' belongs in my labels and lets face it, Vegas is where I belong! Also, I'm probably barely avoiding insane stunts on tight rope and I never lived up to my full potential as a brilliant chemist. What DID fit was that the Linus guy liked Vitamin C, and I love Vitamin C. To the right, here, is the kind of Vitamin C I like best!
Personally I've decided those books don't 'work' for me. So I got a new one! This book combines your Chinese sign and your Astrological sign, that way it's way more accurate. How could you resist a book with a title that reads "The NEW Astrology". Yes, that's right everyone, throw that OLD Astrology out the window!
So here I am, looking at my 'page'. I am a Pisces /Horse. What could be stranger than that? Is that like surf and turf? Ugh, I just grossed myself out. The biggest perk about this book? This NEW Astrology, does not infer that I may be used in certain salads as a nice refreshing hint of citrus.
4 comments:
That was a great bit of writing. You'll forgive me for imagining a citrus fruit when I look at you :P
Seriously, you do uplift those around you. You could be much worse off with a title other than zesty (like *cough*emo*cough*).
I'll take "zesty" if you don't want it!
Just think if 12 years ago some yearbook geek (ahem, I was a yearbook geek, for full disclosure) had randomly applied the word CLOD or DULL or OVERSEXED to your photo. How different your life would be now! Zesty is good. Oversexed is not necessarily bad . . . but zesty is good.
Maybe you are destined to walk across the fountain at Bellagio on a tightrope while guzzling orange juice. Could be worse.
Post a Comment