Happy Valentines Day to all of you who buy into the 'day for romance' thing, or just Happy Valentines Day, for those who just nod and smile about it all like I do.
Today I have a plethora of chores to cross off of my angst causing list. I am really not into doing any of them today. The fact that I actually started dinner is not an indicator that I remembered to accomplish such a feat, but rather the result of Mr.T calling and making sure he wouldn't be starving tonight.
If anyone else would like to join me in the, 'Eh, it's just a day, and actually I'd like to just laze around all day' club, then you're more than welcome to sign up here!
8 comments:
We're hanging out as a family, there will be no ROMANCE here!
It's usually just a "day" day here, I don't do anything outside the kids having their parties at school, but I am taking the opportunity to make something nice for us for dinner, but that's about it! :)
Not a big holiday for us either.
But we do use it as an excuse to order a nice dinner of takeout ;)
Chas works tonight, so we won't see him until almost 11:00. I'll be on the computer. Same-O, same-O.
Hey, maybe if you're up for it, we can all just rock out tonight.
V-Day is a corporate event. People shouldn't just tell each other how much they mean to each other one day out of the year.
Let's shoot for two, maybe three days at least. Not just corporate sponsored holidays, either...
We didn't celebrate it because V-day really means nothing to us. I'm sick of pretending. It's such a fake holiday. So we're celebrating March 8th.
Of course, then you went ahead surprised me and made my day! =)
i like valentine's day. even when i don't have a boyfriend. especially now where i work, b/c you can see the clients are so excited about it.
Post Valentines update: It consisted of my kids getting jacked up on Hersey's kisses from their class party.
We took the girls for sushi on Saint Val's Day. We don't get too excited either, but we do celebrate our family's love.
We do that every day though, so ... yeah ... every day is Valentine's Day, every day is Christmas.
:)
Post a Comment