Sunday, February 24, 2008

Whispers in the Wind...

Beth invited me to join her in a friendly writing competition that she frequently participates in.

Jason Evans, of The Clarity of Night, I think, takes these pictures and based on this picture we write. The objective is short fiction, 250 words max and due by next Wednesday. My entry is #18 called Life. Feel free to tell me what you think.

I am not, as a general rule, a writer. That is to say, I get too caught up in details, and start focusing desperately on the stop sign instead of what is going on in the car. Normally, I really enjoy writing dreary emo poetry, or did in the past. I was very macabre - except, only really when I was writing my pathetic prose.

Bah, here I am describing something that has nothing to do with anything I was actually trying to say - a clear indicator no? It was fun and no pressure at all. I am vastly entertained by some of the other writers. I'm definitely not up to par, but I liked my story well enough, and I hope they (or you) do too.

11 comments:

Parabolist said...

Your story was quite excellent. I need to pop over there and say so. ;)

dr sardonicus said...

'Twas a nice little story.

Beth said...

Where do you get "not up to par?" Are we reading the same contest? Your story beat a lot of seasoned "vets," in my opinion.

Anne B. said...

Nice story... thanks for the link.

24crayons said...

Beth - It's my impression of my own writing compared to what I've seen. I mean some things are so fantastic, I just felt blown away by some of the writing. Then there were a few I just didn't like at all - but I expected that.

Paula Lynn Johnson said...

Short and sweet!

Unknown said...

really loved your story!

did you see mindy has started a blog.

need to call you soon. sorry you were sick.

i still want to visit. march has filled up rapidly...let me keep looking at dates.

love you!

Beth said...

Yes, that's the case with all of these. Some will blow you away, some will make you want to keep on clicking by. I try to comment on each though.

Kittie Kate said...

Whatever you call your writing, I like how you write.

foolery said...

I left you a comment there, but . . . wow! I don't know how to write fiction, only smartassery, so I am very impressed. Keep doing it!

-- Laurie

Brent said...

All bloggers are writers in one sense or another.